Find information on past and future Synapse webinars on the Clean Power Plan here.
Following are selected public resources Synapse has developed to prepare clients and other stakeholders for the Clean Power Plan:
- Clean Power Plan Handbook
- Best Practices in Planning for Clean Power Plan Compliance: A guide for consumer advocates
- Implications of EPA's Proposed Clean Power Plan: Analyzing consumer impacts of the draft rule
- Fair, Abundant, and Low-Cost: A Handbook for Using Energy Efficiency in Clean Power Plan Compliance
- Environmental Justice and the Clean Power Plan
- How Clean Power Will Save Us Money in the Long Run
- Lower Electric Costs in a Low-Emissions Future
- Clean Power Means Lower Bills for Consumers
- Draft 111(d) Rule: Issues on Which EPA is Seeking Comment
- Guide to Clean Power Plan Modeling Tools
Ongoing and Recent Projects
Synapse has been preparing for the Clean Power Plan since before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency released its proposed plan in June 2014. Our ongoing and recent projects related to this work include:
- Modeling Michigan's Clean Power Plan Strategy: Synapse is assisting the Michigan Public Service Commission in the development of a strategy to comply with EPA’s Clean Power Plan.
- Consumer Costs of Low-Emissions Futures: Synapse is preparing a series of briefs on the costs of low-emissions futures, including a scenario in which states achieve emissions reductions even greater than those called for by the Clean Power Plan.
- Clean Power Plan Reports and Outreach for National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates: Synapse is supporting NASUCA and its members in addressing the Clean Power Plan in a manner that is cost-effective and efficient from an electricty consumer perspective.
- State-Level Analysis of EPA's Clean Power Plan: Synapse analyzed state-specific considerations for compliance in 17 states on behalf of non-governmental clients.
- Community and Environmental Justice Issues: Synapse is hosting a set of webinars and preparing a factsheet on community and environmental justice issues in the Clean Power Plan.
- Energy Efficiency and the Clean Power Plan: Synapse produced a handbook, factsheet, and webinar related to strategies to mitigate concerns about fairness in energy efficiency programs, a key compliance option for the Clean Power Plan, and how states can leverage the plan to generate additional funds for energy efficiency programs.
- Bill Impacts of the Clean Power Plan: Synapse modeled various Clean Power Plan compliance options to determine how big an impact strong energy efficiency policies can have on the achievability and affordability of complying with EPA’s rule.